My Favourite Covenant - Photo competition
The 60th Jubilee of HRH Queen Elizabeth II, and the 35th anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II National Trust will be celebrated in 2012. The QEII Trust is holding a photo competition to mark these two special events.
Enter your favourite QEII covenant photo and be in to win $ and a copy of the beautifully illustrated book New Zealand’s Native Trees by John Dawson and Rob Lucas.
QEII covenants celebrate landowners’ passion for their land, connecting stewardship with conservation to leave a lasting legacy for New Zealand.
We invite you to capture what you think is special about your or someone else’s QEII open space covenant and share it with us. It could be a beautiful spot or landscape, interesting geology or landforms, people enjoying places, waterways, majestic trees – or the details - native plants and animals, fungi, mosses, lichen patterns...
How to enter
- Send your photo in digital form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only one entry per person will be accepted
- Important! Identify the QEII covenant where your photo was taken and the time and date.
- Provide a short description (max. 30 words) to identify the subject matter and tell us about the special feature you wanted to capture in your picture
- Include your name, address, email address and phone number
Terms and conditions
- The competition is open to anyone owning or visiting a QEII covenant. The only stipulation is that the photo entered in the competition is taken in a QEII covenanted area
- QEII staff and regional representatives and their direct family members may not enter the competition
- By entering the competition you give permission for your photo to be used in QEII related publications. Any photos used will be credited to the photographer
- Photos will be judged by a professional photographer and the winning entries will be contacted directly by QEII. The judge’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into
- The competition closes on 29 February 2012. The winning photographs will be published on our website www.openspace.org.nz and in Open Space magazine
Prizes: 1st prize - $400 and a copy of the book New Zealand’s Native Trees by John Dawson and Rob Lucas; 2nd prize – $ 100 and a copy of the book New Zealand’s Native Trees by John Dawson and Rob Lucas; highly recommended – mystery book prizes.
With many thanks to Craig Potton Publishing for gifting the book prizes.